Tuesday, September 27, 2011

International Friendship Day

Our school celebrates the International Friendship Day and I also presented the China Trip that I had gone during the December’s holiday in the assembly on that day. This day should be celebrated in our school as we have lots of international students. I believe that by celebrating this day, the international students will feel our warmth and will understand that we too, welcome them. As I had gone for quite a number of overseas trips with either the school or my parents, I am quite comfortable with foreigners around me. I believe that if we do not show our heart felt welcome to the international students, they will not find themselves comfortable too. I believe that they will find that Singapore is another home for them if we had treated them well. After all, they’re here to study and to make friends. It is nice to have a friend with different cultural. As Singapore is a multi racial country, we often find ourselves being around the other ethnic groups friends. It is not a bad thing though. I am actually very glad to have my international friends in my class. We exchanged knowledge and they also tell us about their homeland. It is a unusual experience as we know about other country’s culture without even going to the country. It will certainly be an exciting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment